We are recruiting for a Receptionist & Administration Officer based at Hertford Castle.
Key Responsibilities as the Receptionist & Administration Officer
• To be the first point of contact for the public in contacting Hertford Town Council, ensuring a high level of customer service is provided and enquires are dealt with in a timely and helpful manner.
• To operate the Town Council’s telephone switchboard and to receive and welcome visitors to Reception at Hertford Castle.
• To promote a positive image of the Council when dealing with public and partner organisations day to day enquiries about the Council and the services the Council provides.
• To signpost those contacting the Council to other service providers including the district and county councils.
• To provide high quality administrative and clerical support to the Town Clerk and other managers, such as accurately collating information and preparing committee papers, agendas, management information reports and the Council’s community grants scheme.
• To assist existing and future venue hire customers for both Hertford Castle and the Mill Bridge Rooms, by dealing with their enquiries and welcoming them on visits to the premises.
• To maintain the Town Council’s websites and other forums (uploading files and updating information).
• To compile and update databases provided for the council services, such as venue hire, cemetery, and allotments.
• To manage in house projects, such as the Litter Picking Scheme & Private Castle Tours and assist the wider team in other project work when required.
• To provide advice and take payments for the services provided by the council, such as allotments and cemeteries.
• Be aware of the work the Council is doing in changing its eco credentials and how this affects the projects the Council is delivering.
• To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post as directed by the Venue Hire Administrator.
The deadline for applications is 5pm Friday 17th February 2023. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 1st March 2023.
If you have any questions in relation to the position please contact Jackie Haynes on 01992 552885 or email email@example.com