Hertford Town Council proudly signed the Armed Forces Community Covenant on Wednesday 9th November 2022, following a Garden of Remembrance Service at Hertford Castle.
The Covenant, aims to encourage local communities to support the service community, promote understanding and awareness among the public of issues affecting the Armed Forces community and encourage activities which help to integrate people returning from the armed forces into local life.
In signing the Covenant, Hertford Town Council has made a commitment to work closely and to support current and former armed forces personnel and their families.
Hertford Town Council is supporting the Armed Forces through:
Promoting the fact that we are Armed Forces-friendly by:
- displaying the Armed Forces Covenant logo
Supporting members of the Reserve Forces by:
- Armed Forces Friendly Personnel Policies
- attending opportunities to engage with the Reserve Forces
Supporting the employment of Service spouses and partners by:
- advertising appropriate vacancies with Forces Families Jobs
- engaging with the military Families Federations
Supporting the employment of veterans and service leavers by:
- recognising military skills and qualifications
- advertising appropriate vacancies with the Career Transition Partnership
Supporting employees who are members of the military cadet organisations by:
- actively encouraging and supporting local cadet organisations
- involving the Mayor’s Cadet in Civic events
- attending opportunities to engage with local cadet units
Supporting national events either in person or across social media by:
- taking part in Armed Forces week
- the Poppy Appeal Day
- Remembrance Day activities
The Council nominated Councillor Vicky Glover-Ward and Councillor Alex Daar, to be the Hertford Town Council Champions for the Covenant for the coming year 2023/24.
View the Hertford Town Council Community Covenant (PDF)
Community Covenant Fund
For information about deadlines, and to read the guidance and criteria on the Community Covenant Grant Scheme, visit Gov.UK Applying to the Covenant Fund.
Links to Advice and Guidance