Hertford Town Council is hosting its annual Food and Drink Festival throughout the county town on the weekend of Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th July.
The event kicks off on Saturday in the town centre with a Farmers’ Market taking place alongside the regular Saturday market, and lots of promotions and special offers from many of the town centre businesses.
On Sunday, visitors are invited to attend the Hertford Castle Beer & World Food Festival with free entry from 12noon – 6pm. With a beer tent offering a selection of golden ales, bitters, porters, pale ales and local ciders, alongside a fully stocked bar with plenty of prosecco, cocktails, gins and wine, this event is not to be missed.
With several world food stalls exhibiting, there is something for everyone. Get your taste buds singing with delicious catering offerings including Greek, Turkish, Thai, BBQ, Vietnamese and Iraqi cuisines. There will also be live music throughout the afternoon for guests to enjoy.
Donations are welcome, for the Mayor of Hertford’s Appeal Fund, this year raising money for Hertford Dramatic and Operatic Society and FutureHope.
The Food and Drink Festival programme will be available to pick up from Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre, or to download from www.hertford.gov.uk/events
Hertford Town Council’s Development and Leisure Committee Chairman, Cllr Jane Sartin, said: "Hertford is always a great place to eat and drink, with a wealth of restaurants, cafes and pubs, and the Food and Drink Festival weekend will celebrate this. The Beer and World Food Festival at Hertford Castle will offer the opportunity to maybe try something for the first time, with live music to enjoy and an opportunity to visit the Castle.”
Town Centre Promotions and Special Offers
- Cinnabar, Fore Street: 10% off food throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday
- Lussmanns Sustainable Kitchen & Bar, Fore Street: 3 courses for the price of 2!
- Proove Pizza, Parliament Square: 15% off your bill
- The Crafty Duck, Parliament Square: Free drinks tasters
- Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe, Maidenhead Street: Free sweet sampling, plus Mr Simms Fudge / Truffles / Chocolate - any 3 for £10
- Oishii, The Wash: Buy one get one half price on Bento Lunches
- Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre, The Wash: 10% off Hibiscus Lily relishes and chutneys, Hertford Ketchup and Gabriel’s Honey
- Elle’s Kitchen, Castle Street: Buy one get one half price on Bento Lunches
- Tilly’s Gelato, Railway Street: 10% off handmade, delicious artisan Gelato and exciting, tasty toppings for the Hertford Food and Drink Festival
- Pearl Milk Bar, Railway Street: Free bubble tea samples and 10% off on the Sunday
- Hertford Cake Company, St Andrew Street: 20% off everything in store
- Costa Coffee, Maidenhead Street: Half price cake when bought with a drink