This year, the annual Hertford Christmas Gala will once again take place in the town centre on Friday 26th November. For the first time, Hertford Town Council will also host the Hertford Castle Christmas Market running across the whole weekend from Friday 26th to Sunday 28th November.
Both events are organised by Hertford Town Council, and sponsored by Durkan Homes and McMullen’s Brewery. The festivities take place across Hertford town centre and the Castle Grounds, with local residents and visitors encouraged to visit the county town, shop locally and get into the Christmas spirit.
Hertford Christmas Gala
Friday 26th November 3:30pm – 8pm
The town centre streets will be filled with Christmas market stalls and food stands. There will be fairground rides, and singers and entertainers will perform live on stage including All That Soul, Cedar Rose Johnson and others.
Hertford Castle Christmas Market
Friday 26th November 3pm – 8pm
Saturday 27th November 11am – 7pm
Sunday 28th November 11am – 7pm
Hertford Castle will host its first Christmas market within its spectacular grounds. The event will be free of charge to attend and boast an array of Christmas market stalls on the Castle Lawn. Perfect for those who like to shop early and local for Christmas. In addition, there will be festive entertainment for guests to enjoy, and food and drink stands providing seasonal treats.
Hertford town centre retailers’ festive offers weekend
In addition, over this festive weekend, many of the town centre retailers will offer in-store discounts and promotions.
Examples of some of the discounts, events and promotions will include:
- Leaf Café – Children can post letters in store to the North Pole. Letters can be pre written or children can write their letter in the café. Make sure to include your address so that Santa can send you a response.
- Hertford Museum - Drop in for Christmas crafts, storytelling and Father Christmas in his grotto! It’s Free with a small charge to visit Father Christmas which includes a gift.
- Mudlarks Garden Café – Join in for festive cookie decorating from £1.50 per child.
- Chapter79 – Free lucky dip with a chance to win a diamond, plus other offers for the perfect Christmas gift.
- The Old Barge - Pop in anytime to warm up by roaring open fire with a glass of hot spiced mulled wine or cider with some FREE roasted chestnuts.
- The Flower Bar – 10% off orders over £30.
- Paul Martin Perfumery – Up to 10% off full price products.
- The Seafood Shack, Courtyard of The Lord Haig Pub - 10% off everything when showing the event flyer and 10% off all Xmas platters when order placed and paid for over the weekend
- The Women’s Society - 20% off purchases in the boutique (full price only T’s & C’s apply)
- Turkish Kitchen– Free Mixed Cold Meze all day with any main course ordered. Vegan and vegetarian options available with event programme.
- Hamptons – pop in for a free mulled wine for the adults and face painting for the children.
Chairman of Hertford Town Council’s Development & Leisure Committee, Councillor Jane Sartin, said: “There will be lots happening in Hertford as we start the countdown to Christmas. The new Christmas Market in the Castle grounds looks set to be a great addition to the early festive weekend, and the Christmas Gala on the Friday evening will be a celebration of our town centre, with entertainment and stalls amongst the many shops and places to eat and drink.”
The events programme will be available from Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre or online by visiting www.gohertford.co.uk/events closer to the event.