Hertford Castle Christmas Market
Come down to Hertford Castle this winter as it hosts its first Christmas market within its spectacular grounds. The event will be free of charge to attend and boast an array of Christmas market stalls on the Castle Lawn.
Offerings include homeware, crafts, jewellery, and much more! Perfect for those who like to shop early and local for Christmas.
In addition, there will be festive entertainment for you to enjoy and food and drink stands providing seasonal treats to warm you up!
Come along to experience the magical atmosphere, you won’t want to miss out.
The Market will be open on the Castle Lawn:
*Friday 26th November 3pm - 8pm (to co-ordinate with the Town Centre Christmas Gala)
*Saturday 27th November 11am - 7pm
*Sunday 28th November 11am - 7pm
Please note that all stalls are now sold out for this event.
Thanks to our sponsors Durkan and McMullens for supporting this event
Hertford Castle, Castle Street, SG14 1HR
The event is FREE of charge to attend, you are however welcome to donate to the Mayor of Hertford’s Charity Appeal Fund.
The event runs Friday 3pm - 8pm (alongside the town centre Christmas Gala), then Saturday & Sunday 11am - 7pm.
The Castle grounds can be accessed by foot at any of the following pedestrian gates, Castle Street, St Andrew Street Car Park, Main Castle Gate off The Wash, through the Moat Garden on Castle Street, or the gate off of Gascoyne Way.
There will be one entry point onto the Castle Lawn on the far side of the lawn (away from the river) near the conservatory end of the Castle.
We have put in place some measures to help keep us all safe at this event. These may change if Government guidance and rules change. Please keep an eye on this page for updated event terms and conditions.
We ask all attendees to adhere to these measures and to be considerate of other attendees:
- Capacity limits will be in place for this event. Entry will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Once capacity is reached, entry will be on a one-out, one-in basis. Please be patient if you are asked to queue.
- Please be considerate to other attendees and maintain a social distance from other guests where possible.
- Test and trace (QR Code and paper records) will be available for those who wish to check-in to this event.
- Guests who are accompanied by children are responsible for supervising them at all times and should ensure they follow event rules.
- Please use hand sanitiser provided when using the facilities or purchasing refreshments
- Please wear a mask when using the toilets, and at times when it is not possible to maintain a social distance from anyone not in your party.
- Please do not attend if you are displaying any symptoms of Covid19.
- To help reduce the risk of transmission it is advisable to do a Lateral Flow Test ahead of your visit.
There is no parking at Hertford Castle (including disabled) but there are a number of car parks close to the Castle which are free to use on Sundays. Please click here to download a map of the local car parks.
Toilets are located to the side of the main lawn on the footpath by the Ashley Webb Shelter.
Disabled toilets & baby changing facilities are available inside the castle, please speak to a volunteer on the door for access.
First aid is located on the river bank by the Ashley Webb shelter.