New Homes Bonus Grant Funding
NEW GRANT FUND AVAILABLE
The Town Council has set aside funding from the New Homes Bonus to invest in the local community. Grants of up to £30,000 are available to enhance and improve communities in Hertford. If you would wish to apply on behalf of a Hertford based project or business, please complete the application form by CLICKING HERE
New Homes Bonus will be used to support and encourage a diverse range of improvement schemes and projects across all age ranges, a wide range of interests and wherever possible innovative initiatives to meet the needs of Hertford Residents and businesses.
Applications will be considered quarterly at the meetings of the Finance, Policy and Administration Committee.
Deadlines for receipt of applications are as follows:
10 June 2020
14 September 2020
30 November 2020
15 February 2021
Grants will normally be given only for schemes that meet the following criteria:
Go To Top
- projects and schemes must serve the area within the civil parish boundary of Hertford (which includes parts of Hertingfordbury Village).
- projects and schemes that show a clear benefit to Hertford residents and businesses and demonstrably meet one of or more of the Council’s corporate objectives.
- Contribute directly to the achieving of one or more of the Council’s Corporate Objectives.
- The application should estimate the number of individuals whom will be benefit from an allocation. If match funding is available from other sources and how may this match-funding be secured.
- Grant applications from organisations are considered when accompanied by at least one of the following:
- 1. Audited accounts; or
- 2. Accounts that have been subjected to independent inspection as required by the Charities Act or, where the organisation is newly formed, a case for funding including supporting evidence of fund raising efforts.
- Grant applications are not considered for funding to support an individual. The Council has a Grants Policy and Community Grants budget that supports individual residents.
- The Finance, Policy and Administration Committee will consider all grant applications.
- The Council will not normally provide grants for services that should be provided by other statutory authorities and will not award grants for political purposes.
- Each grant application is considered on its individual merits.
- The Council will not supplement any shortfall in expenditure incurred by another authority with responsibility for the service involved.
- The Council will normally expect to distribute grants to a variety of organisations, this may mean a smaller amount is awarded than that applied for.
- Applications for grants should be made on the official Town Council application form.
- The Council will require all grant recipients to provide a formal acknowledgement of receiving grant. The Council will require a report of the project or other agreed method of verifying the use for which application of grant was made.
- The Council reserves the right to decline any application.
- When a grant is awarded, the Council also reserves the right to reclaim part or the entire grant provided it is satisfied that this action is appropriate. It will only take this action after giving the organisation an opportunity to make representations.