Both events are organised by Hertford Town Council, and sponsored by Duffield Harrison Solicitors and McCarthy and Stone. The festivities take place in Hertford town centre, where residents and visitors are encouraged to visit the county town, shop locally and get into the Christmas spirit..
Shop Hertford Event
The festivities continue after the Christmas Gala with ‘Shop Hertford’ Christmas event that runs on Saturday 23rd November in the town centre.
Many retailers will be offering discounts, promotions and in-store entertainment throughout the day.
• Hertford Museum – Join local historian Edgar Lake for a lively illustrated talk on the thrill of Christmas shopping in Hertford’s bustling Victorian centre. Enjoy some delicious tea and cake and discover how Hertford folk geared up for the big day. Tickets £5 pp (includes refreshments) available from Hertford Museum or www.ticketsource.co.uk
• Mark Wines Antiques – 10% discount on all ticketed items
• Retail Therapy – Spend £50 and draw a lucky dip. Top prize voucher worth £150 to spend in store.
• Hertford House – Free kids goody bags
• Fred & Ginger – 10% off with Caprice, Georgina and Jo
• Ilvino Café – Free cannoli with any order.
• Giambrones – Free gift wrapping on all pre-ordered hampers over £30
• Lance James the Jewellers – Up to 50% off jewellery plus a lucky dip to win a surprise gift.
• Kids Connection Shoes – 20% off all bags and 50% off all school shoes and boots
The events programme will be available from Hertford Town and Tourist Information Centre or online by visiting www.gohertford.co.uk/events closer to the event.