The successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining the Mayor’s diary, answering the Mayor’s correspondence and organising civic events. The post holder will occasionally be asked to take minutes at meetings, will act as Receptionist at Hertford Castle and provide administrative support to the Town Clerk.
The job is full time and will require occasional evening and weekend work, for example when attending civic events or meetings. The job is interesting and varied and you must be able to work on your own initiative, possess excellent organisational skills, work accurately under pressure and have good attention to detail. In addition to administrative and basic accounting skills you need to have a competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
The salary scale is £17,547 - £21,745 plus outer London weighting and 5% loyalty bonus after three years.
Please send your completed application form to the Town Clerk Mr Joseph Whelan at Hertford Town Council, The Castle, Hertford, SG14 1HR or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for return of applications is Friday 18th August 2017.
If you have any queries regarding the role please contact Tricia Carpenter on 01992 552885.
This is a great opportunity for a hospitality professional to join the dedicated venue hire team at Hertford Castle.
Being part of a team means being prepared to fulfil various roles with a positive and friendly manner. You must be able to take the initiative when approaching organisation and decision making and be confident to assert rules when necessary.
You will need to be flexible with your time and prepared to work evenings and weekends and have a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
Our successful Venue Hire Co-ordinator will:
• Have previous experience within events or a similar role.
• Be a skilled multitasker with the ability to work under pressure in a busy environment.
• Have exceptional attention to detail.
• Be motivated and passionate about providing exemplary customer service.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• To act as lead Officer on duty managing the event on the day from point of handover, including directing set up, communicating with staff and suppliers, welcoming guests and anticipating and planning for different scenarios.
• To demonstrate to clients a strong knowledge of the venue, guiding clients through the flexible options. Conducting viewings and dealing with enquiries relating to venue hire.
• To ensure the Health and Safety of the event and compliance of all appropriate licences.